ESMO is the leading European professional organisation for medical oncology. Comprising over 20,000 oncology professionals from over 150 countries, ESMO is the society of reference for oncology education and information. ESMO is committed to supporting their members to develop and advance in a fast-evolving professional environment.
ESMO seeks to erase boundaries in cancer care, whether between countries or specialities and pursue our mission across oncology, worldwide.
- To improve the quality of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, supportive and palliative care, as well as the follow-up of patients with malignant disorders
- To advance the art, science, recognition, and practice of oncology
- To disseminate knowledge in oncology to cancer patients and the public
- To educate and train persons involved in clinical cancer care and research
- To promote education in oncology in order to ensure a high standard of qualification of medical oncologists within the multidisciplinary team
- To facilitate equal access to optimal cancer care to all cancer patients
- To maintain liaisons with other oncology specialities, cancer leagues, universities, patient groups and, where appropriate, the pharmaceutical industry
Cancer care is rapidly becoming more integrated and more specialised; whether their field is research, diagnosis, treatment, care, or advocacy, oncology professionals need to both build their specialist knowledge and connect with the best practitioners in other disciplines worldwide. ESMO membership makes this possible.
We seek to erase boundaries in cancer care, whether between countries or specialities and pursue our mission across oncology, worldwide.